... A FORUM TO STIMULATE DEBATE ... ... JUST ADD A COMMENT AT ANY ENTRY BELOW... ... FOR THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF TOWN AND VALLEY ...

Friday 5 May 2017

Devon County Council elections > results in

Yesterday saw elections to the county council:
Futures Forum: Devon County Council elections > TODAY Thurs 4th May

The Herald gives a blow-by-blow account of the results:
Devon County Council Elections results - Breaking news & sport in Devon | Midweek Herald

Here is the BBC's comment:
Devon elections 2017: Conservatives increase seats - BBC News

Whilst there was an upset next door in Seaton/Colyton:
East Devon Alliance win Seaton and Colyton seat in county vote - Breaking news & sport in Devon | Midweek Herald

Congratulations to the incumbent who retained his seat in Sidmouth:

Conserative Cllr Stuart Hughes, speaking after retaining his Sidmouth seat, said: “I am delighted to have won and to have increased my majority. Last time I had a strong challenge from UKIP and this time from the East Devon Alliance, but I am delighted to have kept my seat for the next four years.

“I look forward to doing what I can to help the residents of the whole of the Sid Valley for the next four years.

“I fought a very positive campaign focused on local issues, and the people responded to that.

“I have a lot to keep me busy, like continuing to fight to get a cycle way between Sidford and Sidbury, to get a new Alma Bridge in, and to fight for the new flood defence system for Sidmouth that will protect 300 homes.

“I am delighted to be back and to be back with an increased majority, which we also have across the county, and this means that we have a mandate to put our policies in place. We had our pledges and people liked them."


Independent winners in East Devon say they fight against closure of local hospitals | Devon Live
.
.
.

No comments: