You can also look for 'bicycle-friendly' routes...
View traffic, satellite, terrain, biking, and transit
With Google Maps, you can see things like:
- Traffic for your commute
- Transit lines in a new city
- Bicycle-friendly routes
- Satellite imagery
- Information about the landscape
Get traffic, transit, bicycling, satellite, or terrain information
- On your computer, open Google Maps.
- In the top left, click the Menu .
- Select Traffic, Transit, Bicycling, or Terrain.
- At the bottom, you'll see more info.
- To turn off a view, click it again.
View traffic, satellite, terrain, biking, and transit - Computer - Google Maps Help